- Alma Highland Festival Parade–Saturday, May 27: Citizens’ Climate Lobby needs people of all ages who care about the climate to spread our positive message of a nonpartisan, market-based solution for our changing climate. The Highland Festival Parade is a fun venue with thousands of spectators from around the country, a fabulous opportunity to inform the public!
We have posters to carry or bring your own. Scottish themes/dress a bonus! We’ll have info to hand out as well. Make it a family event! Pets are welcome, too. :-)) Meet at Euclid Field Between 8:30 and 9:30 a.m. to line up. Donuts provided!
Numbers are important to make an impression; therefore we need to know we have enough marchers to make a good impression. Let us know (in one of the ways listed: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/TPLKXZ5, FB message, or Marie at 989-944-5858) that you’re planning to come (plus others coming with you) & number that we can use to re-confirm with you. We’ll also be sending line-up information and the parade pass. WITHOUT A MINIMUM OF 15, WE’LL CANCEL, AND LET YOU KNOW ON THURSDAY EVENING.
- Citizens’ Climate Lobby International Conference—June 11-12 (13), Washington, D.C.
The Lobby Day (June 13th) has filled and registration for lobbying is closed now; however, we encourage you to register for and enjoy the International Conference. A waiting list for the lobby day is available. Potential travel and roommate information is available on CCL Community. Over 1100 registrations have already been received! Still room for you!
- June 9 Congressional Call-in to demonstrate constituents’ political will for their legislators to pass effective climate legislation prior to our delegation meeting with members of Congress on June 13! CCL’s mantra: “Politicians don’t create political will; they respond to it.” This year we’d like to take the call-in day to new levels.
Imagine that the first thing that the lobby team for your member of Congress hears from staff when their meeting starts is: “We got so many calls in support of carbon fee and dividend on Friday!” Wouldn’t that be helpful!
We will send a text action alert (sign up here) to everyone signed up to receive them, and an email to every one of our supporters early on 6/9. But it’s your personal outreach that will make the most difference. Set a personal goal: how many calls will your member of Congress get?
To make it easy and to track the number of calls we’re generating, we encourage using the online action tool on CCL’s website that is specifically set up for the June 9th call-in. But you may find it helpful to also request that your friends let you know when they have called. Report your call with a simple “Called” to email@example.com. Report your friends’ calls, too!
4. Saturday, June 10, Mt. Pleasant CCL meeting, Isabella Commission on Aging, 2200 S. Lincoln Rd., 4:00-5:30 p.m. Plan summer actions and events; hear Mark Reynolds, CCL Director, report from the pre-conference meetings in Washington, D.C
5. July Mt. Pleasant CCL Meeting MOVED to July 15,Isabella Commission on Aging, 2200 S. Lincoln Rd., 4:00-5:30 p.m.
6. Wanted: Venues in Rep. Moolenaar’s district to show Merchants of Doubt over the summer and fall. Have DVD: Will travel!