We’ll meet Thursday, January 17, 7:00-8:30 p.m. at Commission on Aging, 2200 S. Lincoln Road (behind church). Our meetings are open to the public. By all means invite a friend. Come early to get acquainted.
Our video speaker this month is Amanda Ripley, a reporter who practices “solutions journalism” that digs below oversimplified narratives to get to the deeper truths about people and society. In the process, she has come across a way to address conflict that results in a more satisfying outcome: Complicate the narrative. As we engage in the difficult conversations needed to arrive at solutions to preserve a livable world, Amanda offers the tools to disrupt the intractable conflict that impedes our progress. Amanda has written for The Atlantic, Time magazine, Slate and the Wall Street Journal and is the author of The Smartest Kids in the World: And How They Got That Way.
MPCCL Agenda Actions
- Continue building momentum for the Energy Innovation Act
- Tabling – Educate our community and collect constituent comment forms by tabling everywhere we can this winter and spring, including looking ahead to Earth Day.
- Presenting – Determine who will work on scheduling presentations and who will make the presentations.
- Grasstops – Reach out to community / state leaders to gain their support for the bills, especially those who will have the most influence on our members of Congress.
- Plan to lobby in-district for the House and Senate bills with members of Congress or their staff
- Communication skills exercise: Two tabling situations