Mt. Pleasant Citizens Climate Lobby
Minutes, July 18, 2019
Isabella County Commission on Aging
Present: Mary and Justin Bentley, Michelle and Troy Bracke, Pam Gilbert, Anne Gouchenour, Curt Jensen, Pete and Marie Koper, Gary Kramer, Matt Mertz, Gisela and Tom Moffit, Megan O’Brien, Errol Putman , Carol Rard, Ben Thorpe.
- The Energy Innovation & Carbon Dividend Act of 2019 now has 56 cosponsors, up from 29 in April; Andy Levin, first from MI; Dan Kildee and 3 others just joined on Tuesday; More GOP expected.
- Steve shared Brewers Endorsement sheets at the Mt. Pleasant Craft Beer Festival
- Ross Howell, Mt. Pleasant Music Studio, performed 9 pop songs introduced with climate themed dialogue with Marie at the Chippewa River Water Festival on July 13.
National Video Speaker
The speaker for July was Drew Jones, Co-Founder and Co-Director of Climate Interactive, a think tank that provides modeling for climate policies and tools, giving policy makers a realistic view of what’s needed to contain global warming below 2 degrees Celsius. He shared details of Climate Interactive’s new climate policy simulator EN-ROADS. It is a fast and powerful tool for understanding how we can achieve our climate goals through changes in energy land use, consumption, agricultural practices and other policies.
He plans to set up Webinars for policy makers and other interested people to teach them how to use this simulator as a tool for developing the most effective climate policies. For more details go to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- On Sunday, August 11 from 4 – 7p.m. we will have our first (annual) picnic at Millpond Park Pavilion. We will provide food and drinks and invite you to bring some side dishes if you want. It is meant to be a family event, so bring your children for fun and games. For more information, contact Emily at email@example.com.
- Tabling at Farmers Market on Thursdays at Island Park (9 a.m. – 11 a.m.; 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.) and Saturdays on Broadway (9 a.m. – 11 a.m.). We need more volunteers. It is a very rewarding job to meet new people and share information on CCL’s goals and strategies with them. To sign up to volunteer, call Dawn at 989-506-6022.
Next meeting: August 15, 2019 from 7 – 8:30 p.m., Isabella County Commission on Aging, 2200 S. Lincoln Road. lock