1. Talk to friends and family about your concern for the climate—70% of people care, only 30% talk about it. Integrate climate information into your daily work or classes.
2. Learn how to talk effectively and respectfully with friends, family and elected officials so they will hear you. CCL provides this training.
2. Learn about the Energy Innovation and Carbon Dividend Actthat CCL endorses as the first, biggest step to an economy wide solution to the climate crisis. Share the word.
3. Regularly write and call your members of Congress to let them know of your ongoing concern and your desire that they pass effective legislation like the Energy Innovation Act. Links below.
4. Invite CCL to present to your group, class or faith group.
5.Text JOIN to 619-675-7507 or join CCL at citizensclimatelobby.org.
6. Follow MPCCL on Facebook: Facebook.com/MtPleasantCitizensClimateLobby.
7. Contribute your passion, skills, and local knowledge to our chapter. Check out a monthly meeting to find likeminded people.
8. Donate to our local chapter: Make out check to Marie Koper, put MPCCL donation in the memo line, and mail to P.O. Box 1202, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48804-1202 (Not tax deductible.)
9. Measure your own carbon footprint with a carbon calculator like the one below.
10. Learn how to manage your food waste at https://savethefood.com/.
11. Implement your own decisions on how you will reduce your carbon emissions with offsets and new habits as listed below.
Remember: “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any” –Alice Walker